]po[ Version 220.127.116.11.0
This the second "beta" version of the V4.0 release includes a number of open issues and several planned features are not yet finished. Please see the project-open-roadmap for a detailed list of planned V4.0 features. Compare with:
- MS-Project Round-Trip Integration (incomplete functionality/bug):
V4.0 allows you to start your project in ]po[, import a project schedule from MS-Project, continue to edit information in ]po[, export the results to MS-Project for further editing, import the results and so on.
- A new "MS-Project Warnings" functionality checks imported project plans for consistency and allows to take actions in ]po[ in order to restore consistency. However, this functionality is still lacking appropriate permissions.
- Configuration Wizard (cosmetic issue):
The release note information in the last page of the configuration wizard is messy because the iframe shows the version information page including its template.
V4.0 Planned Features Not Included Yet
- Round-Trip Import/Export of Projects, Users and Companies:
]po[ V18.104.22.168.0 already includes an import wizard for projects that is DynField enabled and capable of automatically mapping CSV columns to project attributes. However, several importan pieces are not yet implemented:
- Export of project data in a CSV format that can be imported again by the project import wizard without loss
- Import and export of user data
- Import and export of company data
- Step-By-Step Configuration Wizard:
To guide the administrator through the setup of the system:
- Include all important setup steps and indicators for each setup step.
- Data Setup: Import users, import projects, import customers and providers, import departments, ...
- Process Setup: Enable and disable processes
V4.0 Windows Installer Issues
- D:\project-open\ Installation is currently only tested on C:\project-open:
An installation on D:\ and other drives may be OK if you manually correct the file system pathes in Admin -> Parametes.
May not yet 100% clean up the PostgreSQL installation (inherited from the V3.5 installer...)
- Windows 7:
No testing yet on Windows 7, 8 or Vista, so there may be issues with the privileged user mechanism. We are testing on Windows 2008 server at the moment.
Texts in the graphical WF images are shown with wrong fonts resulting in unreadable squares instead of characters.
Backup displays an ugly warning message (just a warning, no problem).
- ]po[ Process Monitor:
This is a new Java panel that shows the status of the ]po[ installation. This is new and experimental with loads of minor issues:
- Remove "Excim" line if not installed
- AOLserver is shown a "not installed", which is incorrect
- Display swift messages after pressing an action button
- Check that the monitor is run from autostart
- Modify status text
V4.0 Features Partially Finished
- System Configurator:
A new configurator allows to export a ]po[ configuration into CSV (Excel) format and to apply the configuration to a new server. This configurator allows us to define several "verticals" for ]po[ with very specific configuration, effectively reducing the effort necessary to adapt ]po[ to a user's needs.
- The "System Configurator" is available now in Admin -> System Config ->Export Configuration and Import Configuration
- Deleting parameters and other configuration elements is not yet supported. It is unclear at the moment if this is a desired feature or not.
- [Mail Tracking]:
An optional CRM package capable of associating incoming and outgoing mails with users and projects.
- Basic functionality is working.
- Currently there is no support for SPAM filters.
- The functionality is used by one customer in production and one customer in beta phase.
- Funambol integration:
The integration with Funambol allows to sync ]po[ tasks and contacts with Outlook, mobile devices and other PIM applications.
- The basic functionality is working and allows to sync ]po[ tickets with the Funambol database.
- Installation and configuration of the Funambol integration currently requires certain knowledge about Funambol, PostgeSQL and ]po[.
- We would have to write documentation on how to setup a Funambol integration.
- SLA Management and improved Helpdesk (Enterprise Edition):
A ITSM package that provides "SLA Parameters" to capture contractual rules defined in SLAs and a component for SLA working hours. Indicators automatically track the value of SLA parameters, warning managers if defined SLA levels are close to be violated.
- Basic functionality is working.
- We need to document the setup of SLA parameters.
- CVS Integration:
This ITSM package allows to import CVS commits into ]po[, automatically associating commits with projects. The package also allows to generate CVS+ACL configuration files, effectively allowing to maintain CVS permission configuration in ]po[.
- The import of CVS commits is working.
- The setup of the integration still requires knowledge of ]po[ and needs the help of a ]po[ consultant
- We need to document how to setup an integration.
- System Configurator:
We want to update the existing "SysConfig Wizard" to include several "templates" for specific application scenarios, in addition to the existing configuration options.
- Demo-Servers for each template:
Each template should be associated to a firstname.lastname@example.org and a page in the project-open.com Web-site describing the template.
The translations from V3.5 are still available and cover >90% of all translation strings. However, the following work still has to be done for each language:
- Revise the glossary for each language
- Complete the outstanding translations
- Revise all critical terms with each translation team.