CRM Sales Forecasting
(Please click on the hexagons for more information)
The purpose of Sales Forecasting is to estimate the sales in the future as input to Resource Planning and Financial Planning processes.
- Identification and collection of all potential projects for the forecasting period
- Determine the overall business environment and macroeconomic factors
- Estimation of volume, status and probability and for each potential project
- The list of all potential processes from CRM
- The list new customer prospects
- Historical data about the conversion rates of potential projects and correction factors (see below)
- Rough estimation of the resources needed to execute the potential projects
- A forecast of sales in the forecasting period
- A forecast of the resources required in the forecasting period
- Correction to the estimation process: By comparing past estimated sales vs. real sales, the estimation process can be improved. In particularly, a correction factor can be calculated for the estimation parameters probability and volume of a project.
Process Support by ]po[
- ]po[ can capture all sales leads and projects in a potential status using the standard core package.
- Each project can be equipped with dynamic fields for probability, volume and status in the CRM sales pipeline.
- Probability, volumne and status of projects can be shown in a portfolio view.
- In resource management, a report is available showing the forecasted resource needs over different time periods (not yet implemented)
- A number of indicators and statistics are available (not yet implemented).
- Forecasted 6 month revenues
- Forecasted 6 month resource requirements
- Correction factors (deviation between forecast and reality in the past) for project volume and probability per estimator.