This document shows the future and history of ]project-open[ product development. Releases that are currently pending are subject to frequent change so staying up to date means checking this page for changes often.
Roadmap and Version History
- V5.1 - 2017-12 - Bug-fix release for V5.0
- V5.0 - 2016-12 - Currently in Beta - Gantt Editor and Portfolio Planner in HTML5 technology
- V4.1 - 2014-09 - Bug-fix release, distributed to support customers only
- V4.0 - 2013-04 - OpenACS 5.7 for AJAX support and CentOS 6.3
- V3.5 - 2011-01 - Bug-fix release for V3.4, contains a REST Web-Service back-end
- V3.4 - 2009-11 - New "Web 1.5" GUI with skins, ITSM Helpdesk
- V3.3 - 2008-06 - Reporting engine and "performance indicators"
- V3.2 - 2007-04 - "Portlets" and "Menus" allow to configure the GUI
- V3.1 - 2005-12 - "DynFields" allow to extend objects with new fields
- V3.0 - 2005-05 - Port of V2.1 to the open-source PostgreSQL database.
- V2.1 - 2004-08 - Extensions to the financial and translation modules. Oracle only.
- V2.0 - 2004-03 - Port of the "intranet" package to OpenACS 5.0. Oracle only
- V1.0 - 2002-06 - The very first ]project-open[ that actually wasn't ]po[ yet. Oracle only
We are currently (2016-06-22) working on the Beta of ]po[ V5.0 which is schedule for October 2016.
V5.0 includes a Gantt Editor, a Portfolio Planner and several charts in in HTML5 technology. These packages are relatively immature, compared with the rest of ]po[. So the attention of the ]po[ core team is focused on these new components and their enterprise readiness with large amounts of complex projects.