Eclipse Mylyn Integration
Mylyn is the task and application lifecycle management (ALM) framework for Eclipse. Mylyn allows developers to connect to a ]project-open[ server and to review, update and create tasks.
The ]project-open[ team and Markus Knittig have developed a Mylyn "connector" that uses the ]project-open[ REST interface in order to communicate with a ]po[ server.
The current version (2013-10-18) is available for Eclise 4.3 (Kepler) or higher.
The ]po[-Mylyn Eclipse update site is located at:
The ]po[-Mylyn source code is available on GitHub at:
PO-Mylyn-Integration V0.1 supports the following operations:
- Login and authentication against any ]project-open[ server with ]po[ V4.0.0 or higher.
- Download the list of all tickets available to the current user
- Update a ticket status
- Create a new ticket
Install the Plugin
In your Eclipse Kepler with Mylyn installed, please select:
- Help -> Install New Software
- Enter "http://www.project-open.org/intranet-mylyn" into the "Work with:" field.
Eclipse should show the respective plugin name and version number (or similar):
]project-open[ Mylyn Integration 0.1.0.201310181858
- Please check the item, click "Next >", "Next >" again, confirm the license, and
- A warning will appear that the package contains unsigned content, please press
"OK" and restart Eclipse afterwards.
Create a Task Repository
- After the restart, please go the the Mylyn "Task Repositories" section
(in the "Task List" section select "Task Repository View")
- Click on the "Add Repository" icon (a blue database symbol with a yellow "+")
and select ]project-open[.
Login to ]project-open[ Server
We have prepared a ]project-open[ demo server for you that is 99.9% available. You can login with the following parameters:
- Server: http://demo.project-open.net/
- Label: demo (this is just for yourself, you can choose a different label)
- User ID: email@example.com
- Password: ben
As an alternative, you can install any ]project-open[ server with version 4.0 or higher.
Limits in PO-Mylin-Integration V0.1
- No support for threaded discussions yet
- No update of any field except ticket status
- No support for different trackers (]po[ Service Level Agreement projects)
The PO-Mylyn-Integration package follows the standards for Eclipse and Mylyn plug-ins. It consists of a number of Java classes that can be plugged directly into Eclipse.
Please also see the developer notes for this package.